Monday, May 25, 2009

Day 2 Marianna, FL to Hammond, LA
Swimming on a Harley
I would like thank Mr. Gore for inventing Gore-Tex. After today’s weather I am a believer.

The Weather Channel, this morning, showed some heavy rain squalls east of Pensacola so I left my motel fully suited up in that miracle fabric. Rain covers enveloped my T-Bags and my new HJC helmet with a drip proof face shield and stow-a-way sun shield completed my foul weather regalia. (Sounds like a commercial for Fletcher's)

Ten miles west of Marianna, I started running into brief showers. By the time I reached Pensacola it was a white wall of water. All you can do is follow the faint tail lights of the cars and trucks ahead. I rode in and out of these squalls for next 275 miles.

As the Bard of Avon once said, all’s well that ends well. I got through it safely with out even a “Oh Shit”. I stayed dry, my travel bags stayed dry and just east of Hammond, LA the rain stopped.

Sorry, no photographs today. But then you know what rain looks like.

1 comment:

  1. You'll be happy to know that there was nothing but blue skies and sunshine from Marianna all the way home to Palm Harbor. Had a nice lunch at Barbecue Bill's in Chiefland and was home by 2:30 p.m.-- B.

    ReplyDelete