Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 3 Hammond, LA to Marshall, TX
Howdy Buckaroos, I made it to Texas! Big Red and I cranked out 340 miles today, and may I say it was a far better ride then yesterday.

I took I-12 out of Hammond, through Red Stick (Baton Rouge) where I reconnected with I-10. It was I-10 to Lafayette, LA where I turned north on I-49. As far as Interstate highways go, I-49 seems to the road less traveled and I traveled 200 miles of it. What a great day!

When I stopped for lunch and fuel in Natchitoches the first drizzle of the day caught up with me. Found another little one just before Shreveport, nothing that required Gore-Tex.

I encountered that at the Texas state line on I-20. Man it got dark and ugly real fast. I got off the I road and into a Loves Truck Stop. I suited up under the fuel pump canopy, the wind blew and the shit flew while I sat it out under that beautiful canopy. When it slacked off I rode the last 22 miles to Marshall and a room for the night.

Here's a few pix I took today: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dickpritchard/sets/72157618761431767/

No comments:

Post a Comment