Wednesday, May 27, 2009


Day 4 Marshall, TX to Abilene, TX 331 Miles
A day without rain is like….well it’s like today! Last nights Dopler views showed a huge rain storm west of Dallas and I mentally prepared myself for yet another wet day. Checking again this morning, I saw that fortunately the storm had blown through during the night and the west was clear, my first rain free day of the trip!

I-20 west to Dallas Ft. Worth is pretty much standard super slab. Lots of 14-wheelers and the truck traffic have taken its toll on the almost 60 year old concrete. Once through Dallas/Ft. Worth, I-20 swings south west and becomes an entirely different experience.

Signs keep referring to Texas Hill Country. Geographically, I don’t know where Hill Country begins or ends, but it does get hillier and hillier as the miles roll by. Yahoo, I like Hill Country.
Got into Abilene and the very new Hampton Inn, which by the way is across the street from the La Quinta Inn we stayed in during our big Texas tour in 2002.

I had a great dinner at the Lytle Land & Cattle Restaurant. One of the best steaks I’ve ever had. The staff was friendly and fun. If you ever in Abilene, don’t miss dinning atthe best steak house in town.

Take a look for yourself,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dickpritchard/sets/72157618807736323/

No comments:

Post a Comment