Saturday, May 30, 2009


Day Day 7 Santa Fe, NM
Today was my day to see Historic Santa Fe. But first a visit to the local CVS Pharmacy. I needed to renew two prescriptions that my HMO would not fill before I left Clearwater. I called in the prescriptions yesterday and picked them up this morning. No problem, they took care of it just like the Clearwater store said they would.

My first stop was Historic Plaza and the Palace of the Governors. The Palace of the Governors has an Indian market under the long porch every Saturday. They line the porch displaying jewelry, blankets and baskets. I asked one couple if I may photograph them, they declined and I politely put my camera away.

The Palace of the Governors is also a History Museum. Upon entering, I was informed that today admission was free and as a bonus I was invited to a preview of the beautiful 3 story new museum, located directly behind the Palace of the Governors. The Grand opening is tomorrow. Sorry no pictures were allowed.

I did shoot some photos as I wandered around some of the old streets. The architecture is fascinating, a smooth soft look prevailed and colors are the colors of the earth.

Lunch, as food is very important, was at the Coyote Cantina. A Southwest Burger and a Corona went down very well. Then it was back to the hotel and a nap.

Just got back from dinner at Cowgirls Bar-B-Q. Excellent Bar-B-Q and an interesting history. If you want to read it click here: http://www.cowgirlsantafe.com/history-photos

See todays photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dickpritchard/sets/72157619019627602/

No comments:

Post a Comment