Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 11 Cheyenne, WY
Well gang today was the day for the big decision. I promissed Judy that if I reached a point where I was getting worn out, I'd rest up for a few days and come home. I've reached that point. Looking at the next few days in Deadwood shows nothing but rain and cold. So this morning I made the big decision, I canceled Deadwood and on Saturday I'll be heading home.

The weather has been miserable. Yesterdays ride beat the crap out of me. Lots of rain, wind and cold. It's more then I can cope with.

I left last nights Super 8 and moved down the road to a very nice La Quinta. I'll be ret here for 3 nights while some of this weather blows through. I/m working on a route home that will get me there by Friday June 12.

The trip was a grand plan and I fell in love with New mexico and Santa Fe. I'm dissapointed that I missed the places that where the basis of the tour, Four Corners and the Black Hills. But the weather, rain, wind and cold where more then I could manage.

The hardest part of this is admitting that it was more then I could do.

2 comments:

  1. I am 56 and you've accomplished far more than I even after 6 years of riding.
    We're proud of you. !!! Be Safe
    Rich/Siggi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be safe coming back to Florida. I know we all look forward to hearing more details of your adventure. Nancy(lips)

    ReplyDelete