Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day 15 Kearney, NE to Des Moines IA 308 Miles

"Oh What A Wet Sloppy Morning"... same tune as yesterday but a very different feeling. I awoke to rain and fog. Well so much for fair weather. My close companion, The Weather Channel, did not give me much hope. The green (rain) blotch covered I-80 from Kearney to Des Moines and beyond. So I pressed on. Actually, I’m getting very good and waterproofing my gear and myself and call me crazy, but I still believe that I’d rather spend a day on my Harley in the rain then a day sitting in front of a TV watching ESPN.

The highway was foggy and misty with light rain until I crossed the Missouri River. There was an unearthly glow in the clouds that I soon determined was the sun. The further east I rode the better it looked. 50 miles west of Des Moines I stopped and took of my rain suit and rode into the West Des Moines Hampton Inn looking cool.

Oh, here's some news, I just got back to my room after being evacuated to the main floor lobby due to a Tornado warning. I have not missed much weather wise.

Forgive the lack of pictures the last few days. I’m having a problem with the link with Flickr. I’ll try to solve that ASAP.

Tomorrow I’m off to Columbia, MO. I plan on making it home by Friday June 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment