Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 16 Des Moines IA to Columbia, MO 315 Miles
It rain through the night but by morning the rain had stopped and the day looked promising. I took I-35 S out of Des Moines and headed for Kansas City, MO. Here’s an observation regarding Interstate Highways; East and West routes are heavily traveled by 18 wheelers and auto traffic. North and South routs are, for some reason, almost vacant of trucks and appear to be the less traveled routes. Just an observation.

Rode in and out of a few showers until I was just north of Kansas City, there the sky cleared and except for one huge traffic jam crossing the Missouri River again in downtown KC. The other side of the river I picked up I-70 and cruised under blue skies into Columbia, MO and a 5 story Hampton Inn and had dinner at a Cracker Barrel next door.

Tomorrow I head for St. Louis and Paducah, KY.

Still have not been able to solve the link problem with Flickr.

1 comment:

  1. There's a monthly limit on bandwidth on Flickr, and you may have exceeded it -- B.

    ReplyDelete