Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 19 Chattanooga, TN to Tifton, GA 313 Miles
Awoke this morning to clear skies and 78 degrees, my only challenge was going through Atlanta. Here is a bit of advice, if you have to go through Atlanta, don’t. Take the by-pass, I-258. I should have known better but I landed in downtown Atlanta right in the middle of morning rush hour.

As I said my only challenge was getting through Atlanta. The rest of the day was a piece of cake. Just keep Big Red pointed south and every hundred miles or so fill the tank up.

It did get warm today, in the nineties. Just 10 days ago I was riding in snow flakes; it is a magnificent country, so vast, so diverse.

I wish there was some way to plug a cable into a USB port in my head and down load all the images I have stored away and project them on a screen and while I’m at it an IMAX screen. What a show it would be. I’d play, what I believe should be our national anthem “America The Beautiful”, for the background music. This is truly how I feel about my experiences of the past 19 days.

I’m home tomorrow and to quote my favorite Dorothy, “There’s no place like home, there’s no place like home.”

1 comment:

  1. Dick, just checked out your travels, WOW I agree we live in an amazing country - full of beauty and great people! Enjoy your trip and be safe - Joe Corbett (Radio guy at US1035 - Tampa Bay )

    ReplyDelete