Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 18 Paducah, KY to Chattanooga, TN 266 Miles
A day without wearing rain paints and a rain jacket is …even better and that’s what today was like. The Weather Channel indicated some storms west of Paducah that where moving southeast. As Chattanooga is southeast of Paducah I could see that my job for today was to stay ahead of the rain and that I managed to do.

I rode through Nashville listening to an NPR station playing classical music. Well, I’ve always followed a different drummer. Not to say I don’t like Country music. In fact I picked up a couple of new favorites on this trip, “My Butts Too Big for One Pair of Jeans” and “Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off”. There’s not much else to listen to in Montana.

Anyway, I beat the rain to Chattanooga by an hour. It’s now about 6pm, the weather has cleared and I’m heading out for dinner. Tomorrow it’s I-75 to Tifton, GA and by Friday night I’ll be home. I miss my Judy like I never thought I would. It’s been truly the ride of my lifetime and I wish she could have been with me. I do miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment