Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 14 Cheyenne, WY to Kearney, NE 334 Miles

“Oh What a Beautiful Morning”…I’m on the road again and singing show tunes! It was a beautiful day on Interstate 80. American business truly does run on 18 wheels. Today I saw convoys of up to 15 semis in a row carrying the life’s blood of the country, commerce.

I stopped in North Platte, NE and visited the Buffalo Bill Ranch State Historical Park. Well worth the time. My Father use to tell me about seeing the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show when he was seven years old in 1902. At the Ranch they show some old film footage of the show in New York at about the same time that my Dad was there. What a treat. Just down the road in Gothenburg I visited an original Pony Express station. I’m right on track with the cowboy part of my trip.

Checked into the Hampton Inn in Kearney about 5pm, was greeted at the front desk like my name was Hilton and was told they had upgraded my reservation at no charge. I have a room almost as large as my living room at home with a Jacuzzi in the bath and a couch and lazy boy in the sitting room. The Venue Restaurant & Lounge was recommended for dinner. When I walked in I was greeted by name and received a 10% discount off an excellent steak dinner. The 2 Jack and Waters were on me.

I’m off in the morning for Des Moines, IA. There is a storm warning posted here until midnight. Hopefully it will be clear in the morning.

Click here for some photos

No comments:

Post a Comment