Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 20 Tifton, GA to HOME 296 Miles
I’m a few days late in posting this last entry, needed to rest up and completed some stats. The laundry has been done; Big Red has been washed and polished so now lets complete the Blog.

The finale day on the road was sunny, warm and dry. No rain covers on my travel bags, no Gore-Tex rain gear required. It was a simple route I-75 south to I-275 to Roosevelt and I’m home.

Pulled into the car port and checked the odometer, 4,429 miles in 20 days. Not to bad for an old guy on a Trike. This was the motorcycle tour of my lifetime. I rode through 15 States and absorbed the sights, sounds and smells of all of them. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, “What a beautiful country this America is.”

Statistics: Total miles 4,429 – MPG Average 31 – Cost to travel per day $150

Would I do it again? I think there’s at least one more Grand Tour left in me and Big Red.

Thanks to all that followed the Tour, I appreciate your interest and support.

Till next time,
Dick (Tonto) Pritchard

2 comments:

  1. Dick,
    Welcome back! We've enjoyed reading about your adventure.
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Richard
    What a cool trip you took there. Hope to see yah next year! Ashley

    ReplyDelete